3. Tuck the end under the outside coil.
4. Holding the bun with one hand, poke the stick straight into the outside coil so that the tip just touches your head.
6. ...then up and out through the outside coil on the other side.
7. If desired, a second stick may be pushed through the bun in the same way as the first, but on the other side,so that the sticks cross in an X.
5. Keeping the tip of the stick close to your head, change the angle of the stick by pushing the end toward your face. Push the stick under the coil...
1. Gather hair into a ponytail and twist. If too many short ends pop out, twist more loosely.
2. Coil the twist around itself, as illustrated.
Using Serpentine Hair Sticks to secure a bun